Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 191

Thread: Misc: We rock ^_^

  1. #171
    Inactive Member Daigotsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have to take my finals next week then its on to the second half of the school year.

  2. #172
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have an OS practice exam... (OS stands for Operative Systems)

  3. #173
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Far more interesting that databases (I'm working on that this week). To me, at least.

    OSes was one of the only matters I found a pleasure to do here (it's not that I don't like CS, I don't like university - just plain old, theoretical stuff and math, you gotta learn the useful shit by yourself after you're done with all the crap).

  4. #174
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OSes are cool, unless it is Unix... Unix is an old thing... okay, Solaris, or other distributions may have nice graphic environments, have true Multitask-multiuser suport, and be completely network oriented, but this is hard Unix-script programming... and i find much more interesting C programming, to tell the truth... at least we can use the books

  5. #175
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Unix is good for servers, network applications, and a few particular things. My personal favorite operating system family is Windows NT (I use Windows 2000 (formerly known as Windows NT 5)). It has its advantages, but I don't like some things of Unix (*), plus Windows is way better for graphics and sound, games, desktop applications, etc.

    I do like Shell scripting though, it may be useful for automatic tasks and stuff. For example, my (Windows NT powered) computer is full of BAT and CMD files to do stuff like partial defragmentation, temporary file purges, control OS services, etc. Windows NT has a slightly improved batch system, but I miss some things Unix has. The Windows Scripting Host could be even more powerful than Bash, but it's harder to learn.

    ---
    (*): Like the absence of decent text editors... all you have are those vi and emacs pieces of bull shit - I'd rather cut my fingers than use that crap again. (Only very few new, rare, unpopular editors in some Linux releases are decent enough to be used.)

  6. #176
    Inactive Member Ryudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2002
    Posts
    349
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">Originally posted by -Wiseman-:
    Hola Ryudo! Hey, creo que s? de d?nde es tu avatar... ja ja ja</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    ...No me digas.... ?_?U y yo s? de d?nde es el tuyo...

  7. #177
    Inactive Member Ryudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2002
    Posts
    349
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Er.... of course.... (about the unix or whatever stuff...)

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 16, 2003 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Ryudo ]</font>

  8. #178
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    you don'r know what to put in your sig? leave it empty! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  9. #179
    Inactive Member Daigotsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What does it say?

  10. #180
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ryudo's sig? The previous one said something about needing or finding Skies of Arcadia hentai, I can't remember. His current sig means I don't know what put in here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •